Prep and Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 6 medium-sized carrots peeled and cut in turned pieces
- 1/2 TBS fresh chopped parsley
- 1 TBS fresh chopped mint
- 1 TBS coarsely chopped pumpkin seeds
- 2 TBS lemon juice
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Bring lightly salted water to a boil in steamer with a tight fitting lid.
- Steam carrots in basket until al denté (slightly crunchy inside).
- Chop rest of ingredients and toss with carrots when done.
Healthy Cooking Tips:
Check doneness of your carrots by inserting the tip of a sharp knife into the center. You want them tender on the outside with a slight crispiness in the center.
Recipe by WHFoods.org