Prep and Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 2 whole eggs
- 4 egg whites
- pinch of turmeric
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1 TBS chicken or vegetable broth
- 3 medium cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups thinly sliced zucchini
- 1/2 4 oz can diced green chili
- 1 small tomato, chopped with excess pulp removed
- 2 TBS chopped cilantro
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Chop onions and garlic and let sit for at least 5 minutes to enhance their health-promoting properties.
- Beat together eggs, egg whites, turmeric, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat 1 TBS broth in 10-12 inch stainless steel skillet. Healthy Sauté onion, garlic, and green chili for about 3 minutes stirring frequently.
- After 3 minutes, add zucchini, tomato, cilantro, salt, and pepper to zucchini mixture.
- Pour egg mixture over vegetables. Turn heat to low and cover. Cook for about 10 minutes checking periodically to see if eggs are firm. When done, run a rubber spatula around edge of frittata, cut into four wedges and serve.
Recipe by WHFoods.org