Prep and Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 4 cups finely chopped Napa cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped scallion
- 1 medium tomato, seeds and excess pulp removed
- Optional: 1/4 cup soaked hijiki seaweed or organic arame; 1 cup chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 medium cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 TBS rice vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 TBS soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- salt and white pepper to taste
- If you opt to include the seaweed, rinse and soak hijiki or organic arame in 1 cup warm water until softened, about 10 minutes. Drain and squeeze out excess water when ready.
- While hijiki or arame is soaking, chop cabbage, scallion and place in a bowl. Cut tomato in half and squeeze out seeds, cut out pulp, and slice in thin strips.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients and toss with cabbage, tomato, and scallion (and hijiki or arame and/or chopped chicken if so desired). Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Recipe by WHFoods.org