If you want to add over 100% of the daily value for those hard-to-find omega-3 fatty acids to your Healthiest Way of Eating try this delicious, easy-to-prepare salmon recipe. The tangy sauce is a great complement to the flavor of the salmon and it only takes minutes to prepare. Enjoy!
Prep and Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1-1/2 lbs salmon filets, skin and bones removed, cut into 4 pieces
- 1/2 medium sized onion, chopped
- 2 medium cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 TBS + 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1-1/2 cups fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 TBS minced fresh parsley, or if you have it, green fennel tops
- salt and white pepper to taste
- Preheat broiler and place a stainless steel or cast iron skillet under broiler for about 10 minutes to get it very hot.
- Chop onions and garlic and let sit for 5 minutes.
- While skillet is heating, place chopped onion, garlic, fennel seeds, 2 TBS lemon juice, and orange juice in a shallow, wide saucepan and cook on high heat for about 10-15 minutes to reduce to half the volume.
- Season salmon pieces with 2 tsp lemon juice, salt and pepper and place on hot pan from broiler. Return pan to broiler (approximately 5-7 inches from heat) and broil salmon for about 7 minutes depending on thickness (10 minutes per inch of thickness). Do not turn, as salmon is cooking on both sides at once.
- Remove salmon from pan, and place on platter. Season citrus sauce with salt and pepper and strain liquid over salmon. Sprinkle with finely chopped parsley.
Recipe by WHFoods.com