Combine this great tasting light sauce with tuna in this easy-to-prepare addition to your Healthiest Way of Eating. It only takes 15 minutes—enjoy!
Prep and Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 lb tuna, cut into 4 pieces
- 2 medium cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 TBS finely grated or minced lemon rind
- 1 + 2 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 2 TBS finely minced fresh sage
- 1 TBS finely minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- pinch red pepper flakes
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Press the garlic, grate or mince the lemon rind, prepare the lemon juice, and mince the herbs.
- Rub tuna with 1 TBS fresh lemon juice and season with salt and black pepper.
- Preheat a stainless steel 10-12 inch skillet over medium heat for about 2 minutes. Cook tuna on each side for about 1 1/2 minutes. This is our (Stovetop Searing) cooking method. Remove from pan, and place on a plate.
- Add rest of ingredients to pan in order given, and cook for about 1 minute. Pour over tuna and serve.
Recipe by WHFoods.com