Add this amazing flavor blend that combines the sweetness of the salmon, richness of black beans, and the zestiness of the topping to your Healthiest Way of Eating and enjoy!
Prep and Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1-1/2 lb salmon cut into 4 pieces, skin and bones removed
- 1 small sized onion, minced
- 1 small sized red bell pepper, diced 1/4 inch
- 4 medium cloves garlic pressed
- 1 TBS + 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cups or 15 oz can black beans (BPA free), drained
- 1-1/2; TBS red chili powder
- about 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce, outer leaves discarded
- 1 medium avocado, cut into cubes
- 2 TBS fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 TBS fresh chopped mint
- 1 TBS fresh chopped basil
- 3 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 3 TBS olive oil
- 1 TBS chopped pumpkin seeds
- salt and pepper to taste
- Season salmon with a little salt and pepper. Set aside while you chop and sauté vegetables.
- Mince onions and press garlic and let sit for at least 5 minutes.
- Heat 1 TBS broth in a 10-12 inch stainless steel skillet. When broth begins to steam add onion, bell pepper and garlic and Healthy Sauté on medium heat for about 5 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add 1/2 cup broth, drained beans, and red chili powder. Cook for another 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- While beans are cooking, preheat broiler. Place a stainless steel or cast iron skillet large enough for salmon under the heat to get hot. This takes about 10 minutes.
- In a bowl mix together cilantro, mint, basil, lemon juice, olive oil, pumpkin seeds, salt and pepper.
- Place salmon in the hot pan and return to broiler about 5 inches from the heat source for best results. Broil salmon for about 7 minutes for medium doneness. This is our Quick Broil cooking method. Serve salmon, beans, lettuce and avocado together on a plate. Top salmon and lettuce with cilantro topping.
Recipe by WHFoods.com