Try this quick-and-easy recipe that combines the great tastes of chicken, Dijon mustard and tarragon to your Healthiest Way of Eating. Fresh herbs are a great way to enhance the taste of your meals and enjoy extra health-promoting nutrients as well.
Prep and Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 medium onion cut in half and sliced medium thick
- 5 medium cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 TBS Dijon mustard
- 1 TBS + 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 TBS chopped fresh tarragon (or 1 tsp dried tarragon)
- 2 TBS chopped fresh parsley (or 2 tsp dried parsley)
- salt and white pepper to taste
- Slice onion and press garlic and let sit for 5-10 minutes to bring out their hidden health benefits.
- Heat 1 TBS broth in a 10-12 inch stainless steel skillet. Healthy Sauté onion in broth over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- While onions are sautéing, cut chicken into pieces. Add chicken pieces and continue to sauté for another 3 minutes, stirring frequently to seal chicken on all sides. Add garlic and continue to sauté for another minute.
- Add mustard, 1/2 cup broth, and honey. Mix thoroughly and simmer uncovered for about 7-8 minutes on medium-high heat stirring occasionally to cook chicken evenly. This will also reduce sauce.
- While chicken is cooking, chop herbs and add at end with salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe by WHFoods.com