Prep and Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cups water
- sea salt to taste
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 2 TBS pumpkin seeds
- 2 TBS sliced almonds
- Top with 1/2 cup dairy-free milk alternative (e.g., one made from rice, oats, or almonds) and 1 tsp honey
- (use any of your favorite fruits in season)
Directions: Preparing Quinoa
1. Placed well-rinsed quinoa with water and salt in a saucepan, cover and bring to a boil.
2. Turn the heat to low, keep covered, and simmer for 15 minutes.
1. Divide quinoa between two bowls, adding one-half of the rolled oats on top.
2. Top each bowl with half of the blueberries, pumpkin seeds and almonds.
3. Serve with soy milk and honey.
Recipe by WHFoods.org