Prep and Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup onion, chopped fine
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup zucchini, diced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups finely chopped kale (remove stems)
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 TBS red wine vinegar
- 5 oz firm light tofu, drained
- 4 egg whites
- 1 TBS dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- salt and white pepper to taste
- 2 TBS chopped fresh parsley
- Chop onions and garlic and let sit for 5 minutes to bring out their health-promoting benefits.
- Prepare rest of vegetables.
- Purée tofu with egg whites, Italian seasoning, and turmeric in blender.
- In 10-inch stainless steel pan, heat 2 TBS broth. When broth begins to steam add onion, garlic, zucchini, bell pepper, kale, and tomato and Healthy Sauté for about 1 minute over medium low heat, stirring often.
- Add 1/4 cup broth and red wine vinegar. Pour tofu mixture over vegetables, cover and cook over low heat until mixture is completely firm and cooked, about 12 minutes. Top with chopped parsley.
Recipe by WHFoods.org