Join us for the Miracle Miles for Kids, Saturday, April 19th!
Ten reasons to exercise. No excuses!
1. Prevent Weight Gain: Regular exercise keeps the extra pounds off. Excess weight can contribute to conditions such as heart disease, type 2 diabetes, some cancers, high blood pressure, and stroke according to the CDC.
2. Sleep better: The 2013 annual Sleep In America poll from the National Sleep Foundation found that people who self-identify as regular, vigorous exercisers got better sleep than their sedentary peers.
3. Keep your brain sharp: In the short-term, exercise increases blood flow, including to the brain, which leaves you feeling more awake, alert, focused and productive.
4. Lower your diabetes risk: In a 2014 study, women who sweated it out for 150 minutes a week and performed 60 minutes a week of strength training exercises had a lower risk of developing type 2 diabetes than the most inactive women in the study.
5. Strengthen your bones: Bones are actually made of living tissue - like muscles - that can be strengthened with use, i.e. exercise! Regular, weight-bearing activity has been shown to build up bone strength, which prevents some of the natural decline in bone health typically seen with aging.
6. Decrease your cancer risk: Certain types of cancer seem to be significantly affected by regular physical activity. a CDC review of research found 14 studies that showed statistically significant decreases in colon cancer risk among people with physically-active occupations.
7. Ease depression symptoms: Among people with mild to moderate depression, exercise may work as well as some medications, according to a 2011 study.
8. Lower your blood pressure: Just like resting heart rate eventually lowers in the extremely fit, blood pressure can also decrease as the heart grows more efficient at pumping blood.
9. & 10. It's fun!!!!
"It is through your joy that good things come!"