Some vegetables just get a Bad Wrap! Be adventurous and creative and you'll find the best for you will also be the best tasting! There are so many different ways to fix beautiful brussel spouts! Roasting is my favorite way of preparing, but then you can add other ingredients and have a totally different side dish every time you prepare these little gems!
Here's just one example for a perfect side dish this Thanksgiving or anytime!
Garlic Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Onions & Walnuts
- 8 cups (24 oz.) brussel sprouts, quartered
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450º F.
- In a large bowl, combine brussel sprouts, garlic, shallots, onion, olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss to combine and season everything.
- Spread out on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until some brussels sprouts have become crispy.
- In the meantime, toast your walnuts for 4-5 minutes, in a pan over medium-high heat, stirring frequently so they don’t burn.
- Remove tray from oven, add walnuts and extra olive oil (and seasoning, if needed) and toss well. Serve hot.
Recipe adapted from Whole Living